Call for Abstracts
IDF-WPR 2018’s Scientific Committee wishes to invite abstracts for oral and poster presentations! General abstract themes include:
- Basic Sciences – Diabetes, Obesity and Nutrition
- Clinical Diabetes and Therapeutics
- Clinical Diabetes and Complications
- Nutrition and Exercise
- Education and Living with Diabetes
- All abstracts must be submitted online via the Congress Website
(www.idfwpr2018.com.my). Please read the instructions carefully, as abstracts submitted
not according to these instructions will not be accepted.
- Abstracts sent by post, fax or email will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted not later than 30 June 2018 (Extended to 31 July 2018).
- Accepted abstracts will be presented in either thematic Poster Sessions or Oral Abstract
Sessions during the Congress.
- The Presenting Authors of abstracts accepted for presentation MUST be registered delegates and be responsible for all expenses incurred in the production of their presentations, travel and accommodation during the Congress.
- Abstracts will be rejected if they contain no data or if the English is unacceptable. All Presenting Authors will receive the detailed presentation guidelines when their abstract has been accepted and closer to the Congress date.
- Acknowledgement of the receipt of abstract submission will be sent to the Presenting Author's email address immediately upon submission. Abstract accepted/rejection letter will be sent to you latest by 31 July 2018 once the decision is made. The Presenting Author will receive all correspondence regarding the abstract status, presentation type, date and
time, via the email that is provided in the abstract submission.
- The abstract must not exceed 350 words.
- Text should be Times New Roman with font size 10 and single-spaced.
- Do not include figures or graphs with the abstract. Any figures or graphs format will not
Structure of Abstract
In order to make the abstract as informative as possible, please provide:
- a brief statement of the purpose of the study
- the method used
- the result observed
- the conclusions based upon the results
- It is inadequate to state "The results will be discussed" or "The data will be presented".
Travel Grant and Award
Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA Statement)
We take our delegates privacy seriously and we will only collect and use your personal information as outlined below.
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you have any comments or suggestions, we would be pleased to receive them at our address or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Submission of an abstract grants the Congress the rights to publish the abstract in both print and digital formats under the Congress (e.g. Congress Programme Book, Official Website, Abstract book etc.). There will be no further notification for the publication.
- All the accepted abstracts will be published in Journal of Diabetes Investigation (JDI). The authors could decide whether they agree or not to be published when they submit the abstracts on-line.